Fellow blogger and video game addict John Heatz from All About Gaming Blog had nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award awhile back. (By “awhile back”, I think Tessa was still in my belly.) I follow John on Twitter and burn with jealousy whenever he talks about all the new games he’s playing. I kid you not, our Xbox, PS3 AND our TV broke and we have not had the monies to fix them. So I’m stuck to PC games, and the only one I care to play is WoW because it’s made of crack. So I feel like a horrible geek that fails at life for being out of the video game scene for so long. My teenage working-at-Gamestop self would be appalled.
At any rate! I’m ready to pass on the kindness in the viral awards blogosphere… better late than never, yeah?!
Here are the rules for award:
Thank the one that nominated you.
Put up the picture for the One Lovely Blog Award.
Tell everyone seven things about yourself.
Nominate seven other people and tell them that you’ve nominated them.
Easy peasy, right? So let’s get this show on the road!
Seven Things About Myself:
1. I collect coffee mugs from all of my travels. I currently have too many coffee mugs to fit into my cupboard, and this simply agonizes me. I wish the cats would hurry up and break some of the more local travel mugs so I have room for more…
2. I get an exaggerated sense of accomplishment when I earn achievements or unlock skills or earn experience points in video games. It’s quite literally become a therapeutic outlet for me. Stressed? Upset? No problem! Go play WoW and get the “To All The Squirrels I’ve Loved” achievement…
3. As a kid I liked to memorize things. A lot. Not even joking. One summer I decided to memorize every single poem in Lewis Carroll’s “Through The Looking Glass” and THE ENTIRE play of Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night. THE ENTIRE FREAKING PLAY. And I did. I think I was 13 at the time. And it’s STILL in my head.
4. Ever since Tessa was born, I have been drinking, on average, 10 to 12 cups of coffee a day.
5. I want to see the world, but I am indecisive on where to go and what to do next. So I make my travel plans based on a combination of visiting the most convenient locations first and going systematically through a 501 Places To See Before You Die book. Only, I keep adding locations that are not in the book, so the list just keeps getting longer! Our next vacations we’re going on before we leave Pensacola are St. Augustine, Florida, Savannah, Georgia and Charleston, North Carolina.
6. I currently have the song “Shooting Star” by Home Made Kazoku from the Naruto Shippuden soundtrack stuck in my head. It’s the most listened to song on my iPod, because I can’t stop listening to it on a continuous loop. It just fills up my happy! Can’t for the life of me say why..
7. I really hated being pregnant, but I really want to be pregnant again. I can’t figure this lunacy out. The only thing I enjoyed about pregnancy was knowing I had a baby inside me, and feeling her move. The rest was unhappiness and discomfort. But now I keep having recurring pregnancy dreams and waking up longing to be knocked up again. I’ve never understood girls. Even myself.
The Seven Blogs I Nominate (in no particular order):
Adoption Love – This is blog by my friends Kristen and Josh, who are seeking to expand their family through adoption. Kristen is simply an amazing gal, and I feel so lucky and blessed to know her! If we end up stationed in California after this Florida stint, we’re definitely gonna be Disneyland buddies!
Tales of a Mom – A fellow military wife, mother, Christian nerd, and blogger. We both had our baby girls just a month apart. It’s fun to read about her adventures in motherhood!
Hair Ball Express – This is a daily diary blog run and written by Shrimp, an adorable little feline. What? I’m a crazy cat lady, what of it? Follow Shrimp’s twitter for some cute cat memes…
Regular Right Guy – One of my favorite conservative blogs. I’ll just cut and paste from his About Me page, cuz it’s worded too perfectly: “Our focus is conservative politics with a decidedly irreverent bent: inane liberals, establishment Republicans, wacko fringe groups, if they strike us as funny, insulting, or subversive to the freedoms so vital to the American experience, we pipe up.”
Among The Joshua Trees – A personal blog from a cool, conservative retired Navy guy. I follow so many wife / mother blogs, it’s nice to read a husband / dad blog for a change. ^_^
The Lonely Lion – Another personal blog, this time from a cool, creative teenager… yeah, I am a glutton for personal blogs. I’m like the internet creeper, peeking through the curtains of my computer monitor into everyone’s lives… haha.
Lovinchelle – A lovely photography blog. I loves me my eye candy!
So those are my nominees! Go follow them, and tell them I sent you! 😉